Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Details

Yesterday I went back to the immigration office. It was one of those days when you have each step calculated perfectly the night before and in reality nothing goes even remotely as you had planned.

1. Wake up nearly an hour late - which means I have 15 minutes to RUN to the train station.
2. Go to immigration office ... find out that I don't have a photo, "What about the one I submitted with my visa application?" ... right
3. Bus back to Nørreport, buy a vienebrød so that I have enough change (not small change $12 worth) for the passport photo machine - which after my first encounter I have learned enough to not ruin the second two pictures with a face of utter bewilderment
4. Bus back to immigration to wait for visa one more time
5. Back to Nørreport to meet Amanda (friend who graduated from GW last spring & who was in the DIS IBE program 2 years ago!) for lunch by12noon
6. Realize they have written my name as Irena


Perfect.


Well, I found out that it doesn't matter (but shouldn't?).
I also found out that they gave me a work permit as well as a residency permit.



50 Danish Kroner - pegged to the Euro - worth 10 us dollars - ouch.



It seems as if bringing home a few Danish Kroner isn't as impossible as I thought : )
We'll see ... for now I'm getting into the mid-term crunch of group projects and papers.


Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I love reading all of your posts, but this one made me DIE laughing. I can hear you saying every word. SO FUNNY!!