Friday, August 10, 2007

Filling in


Another few days have passed ... unfortunately I don't have anything particularly important to share. Classes have been going well, that is when they happen and when the professors show up. As of now I haven't been to two classes yet so I'm not sure if my schedule will stay how it us but for now I'm taking Spanish, Ecology of Chile, Economic Development, History of Thought, and Sociology of the Organization. Hopefully most of those classes will transfer successfully ... crossing fingers.

Next tuesday is my birthday and Patty has planned a little pizza party for me : ) I'm just holding out for a chocolate cake! It will be really fun to have a few friends over to our little apartment and celebrate. I suppose being 20 isn't all too exciting but you only get one day a year to celebrate.

Still no Harry Potter, which is probably for the best ... this way I don't need to come up with clever excuses to stay home and read non-stop (yet that is).

Today I went to dance class which was a lot of fun. The same two teachers from our orientation teach a class twice a week at the Casa Central (University Center) for free. The class was full, about 10 or so gringas and the rest were Chilenos. It's great having these classes, we're learning merengue and salsa : ) They also offer free yoga and pilates which I'm going to try and check out this next week! The cold weather and exessive amounts of foods = need to work out!

Ok I'm meeting up with my partner for language exchange now - Humberto! Hopefully I can manage a conversation and we'll both get to practice.

Few pictures ... I didn't actually take any of them though!


Lots of puppies on the streets, not typically on benches though ... and more friends (being silly)

No comments: